At Amador Foothill Winery we believe that wine and food are natural mates. Whether you like to play around with different combinations, or find just the right dish to go with one of our wines, we think our wines are at their peak when enjoyed with a meal.
We have created pairing suggestions to match each of our wines:
- Aglianico – Pair with lamb shanks, beef stew, or hearty traditional Italian dishes.
- Barbera – Pair with grilled mozzarella and prosciutto, flatbread with fresh tomato, basil and roasted garlic.
- Clockspring Vineyard Zinfandel – Pair with barbeque, burgers, pizzas or ratatouille.
- Esola Vineyard Zinfandel – Pair with grilled lamb chops, spicy tomato pasta dishes or hearty roasts and stews.
- Grenache – Pair with any roasted eggplant and tomatoes, roast chicken, or lamb chops.
- Katie’s Côte – Pair with pork roast, cassoulêt, hearty stews, or braised lamb shanks.
- Rosato – Pair with everything from spicy sauces to crisp, light salads.
- Sangiovese – Pair with sausage and caramelized onions, pork chops with plum conserve, or Italian dishes.
- Sauvignon Blanc – Pair with grilled swordfish, raw oysters, or lemon-seasoned roast chicken.
- Semillon – Pair with asparagus, mushroom couscous, crab, scallops, and other seafood.
And, we have created a series of recipes to match each wine. We invite you to explore each recipe and try our wine as suggested, we think your palate will agree:
- Aglianico with Lamb and Bell Pepper Ragu
- Barbera with Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Panini
- Clockspring Zinfandel with Asian-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Esola Zinfandel with Chicken Braised in Zinfandel
- Grenache with Mustard-Glazed Lamb Chops with White Beans and Celery
- Katie’s Côte with Lamb Shanks Braised in Red Wine
- Rosato with Pan-Seared Shrimp with Ginger-Hoisin Glaze
- Sangiovese with Kale, Olives and Feta on Penne Pasta
- Sauvignon Blanc with Moroccan Chicken with Green Olives and Lemon
- Semillon with Fresh Wild Mushrooms and Cream on Linguine
Share your recipes:
If you create a recipe featuring our wines, we hope you would share it with our customers, please contact us at the winery.
Send e-mail to email@example.com.