Semillon with Fresh Wild Mushrooms and Cream on Linguine
- ½ lb. Linguine or other dried pasta
- ½ lb. fresh wild mushrooms (chanterelles, porcini, etc.)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup Amador Foothill Semillon
- 2-4 Tbs chicken broth or pasta boiling water
- ½ cup cream
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and cut into ¼ inch slices. Sauté mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Add wine and boil until wine is reduced by half. Add cream and 2 Tbs chicken broth or water. Simmer until sauce thickens. Add green onions and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
While preparing the sauce, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente. Reserve a half cup of the boiling water. Drain pasta and add to sauce, tossing gently to coat the pasta. Add a little of the reserved pasta boiling water if sauce seems too thick.
Serve with Amador Foothill Semillon.